Sunday, October 25, 2015

Project Update #3

After receiving critiques from class and at Joe's suggestion, I've decided to change my project. I will now be doing something like "playing Starbucks." That means that my MIDI keyboard will now control effects like a blender, spoons, whipped cream sounds, etc coffee shop noises with people saying stereotypical phrases one would encounter when walking into a Starbucks. Both male and female voices will be included and the phrases will be gender-specific because I'd like to comment on how ridiculous people sound when they say things like, "omg, pumpkin spice latte triple espresso shot venti mocha."

"Playing Starbucks" is a more specified direction in which I can direct my cynicism and commentary. This new suggestion will help me focus on a single environment rather than making a generalized statement about the world and humanity as a whole. It will isolate one of the many communities that I take up issue with and allow me to creatively express how I feel that Starbucks, in every sense, is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment