Sunday, October 25, 2015

Individual Project Proposal

For my individual project, I'm thinking of doing a live looping performance that mixes nature sounds with sounds of warfare and animals. The concept is to show an evolution of humanity where people destroy everything that was beautiful. I also want to record people live in the gallery and then playback their voices with slowed down speech to where it's almost incomprehensible and include sounds like keyboard clicks, phones, and Siri talking to portray how I feel people are also destroying themselves now by dumbing down and having little to no physical interactions.

I'm thinking of having the MIDI keyboard ornately decorated like a classical concerto setting but have all these sounds being controlled through the keyboard and maintaining a facade of elegance despite the chaotic sounds. The piece may be interactive for post-opening attendees but I'd really like to just play it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment