Sunday, November 15, 2015

Project Update #9

I've received permission from the manager of the Joe Crowley Student Union Starbucks to perform "One Night Only!!" at 1pm on Monday, December 7th. This is very exciting and reassuring. The only stipulation, which I didn't intend to include from the beginning, is that there can be no filming.

I've worked out some of the major problems with getting specific clips to play on individual notes. I've switched to the Advanced Sampler instrument on Reason. There are still some minor issues with triggering them based on the amount of pressure when playing the keys so that will require some further inquiry for sure but I'm very glad that I've finally cracked the software to get it work the way I need it to. Each clip will play regardless of octave leaps which is a huge relief so I don't have to program everything individually 7 times. The pitch wheel will also modulate 6 full steps for some added fun.

With my breakthrough, I thought about trying to input everything on my full size keyboard but there's some compatibility error so my Alesis Q25 keyboard will still suffice. The full size would just make it look more official in a presentational performance setting.

Attached is a screenshot of how I'm setting up the synthesizer and I'm prepared to demonstrate an example in class using what I recorded for my previous update last week and can play live.




No comments:

Post a Comment